In 1967 my father bought a Pontiac Catalina and a dingy old travel trailer and took his girlfriend, my brother and me on a road trip. Over the next 8 weeks we drove 13,498 miles, visited 51 parks, and saw wonders like geysers, redwoods, grizzlies, and the Summer of Love in San Francisco. The trip made an indelible impression, cementing my appreciation for the natural world and the American landscape. This summer Pamela and I hope to repeat the experience for our family.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

2010

Wednesday, July 20

3:45 Take the Bainbridge Island Ferry from Seattle

5:30 After walking around Port Townsend for a while, we finally settle on dinner at a Thai restaurant. Lark decides she like Thai food.

8:30 Arrive at the Port Angeles Inn in Port Angeles. Try to turn in early because we have to get up early the next day to take the ferry to Victoria, BC. but first we have to listen to Jane Ayre.

No comments:

Post a Comment