In 1967 my father bought a Pontiac Catalina and a dingy old travel trailer and took his girlfriend, my brother and me on a road trip. Over the next 8 weeks we drove 13,498 miles, visited 51 parks, and saw wonders like geysers, redwoods, grizzlies, and the Summer of Love in San Francisco. The trip made an indelible impression, cementing my appreciation for the natural world and the American landscape. This summer Pamela and I hope to repeat the experience for our family.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

1967: Las Vegas

10:15 Left motel- headed into the section of Las Vegas called Neon Canyon. The light displays are fantastic. We had heard that The Mint had a glass elevator that rode up 24 stories to the glass enclosed sky room on top.

Watched a lady play the Jolly Red Giant which is a giant red slot machine. She was making some tremendous winnings. She won 10 $25 jackpots.

No comments:

Post a Comment